Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good Old Friends

It is really nice to know that some friendships really are deep enough to endure one person moving away. Having been that person that moved away myself, it was always a concern of mine that I would inevitably lose some of those friends and acquaintances that I had worked so hard to nurture during college. These past few weeks have reminded me that there are those fantastic friendships where you can be apart for a long time, and when you are together again it is as if nothing has changed. You still have that strong connection that allows you to talk and laugh the same as you would before. The great thing about these friendships is also that you can keep that connection while also being able to adapt to the changes in either person's life. It is not as though you revert back to the person you were maybe a year or two ago, but you are able to keep up that friendship with your own growing life and personality.

This post has the potential to sound really sappy, but I obviously don't really care. Friendships have been so incredibly important for me, and I enjoy knowing that I really don't have to start completely over every time I move to a new place. I would like to think of it as adding to my friend base and life experiences instead of starting back at square one and wiping away everything from the past. Life builds upon itself, and that is what makes us all unique and wonderful.

Make it a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment