Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Forget About Stress

It's amazing what can happen when you decide not to be stressed! For the past six months, ever since I moved to a new city, I've had this lingering feeling of stress. I recently read something that suggested forgetting about the word "stress". Instead of saying that something is "stressful", label it as "challenging" or another fitting adjective. I think our generation, and our contemporary world, is so involved in stress and stress management that it may be almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. Once I stopped thinking about my life as stressful, I started to feel more confident and happy. Go figure! I still have some long challenging days and difficult situations, but I don't like to think about it as stress anymore. I know that I can handle whatever comes my way, and that makes me so extremely confident about the future. (Example: The difficult client mentioned in the post "Things don't always go the way you plan..." has created even more issues this week. My solution? Deal with the issues I can handle, and make sure that the situation is communicated to everyone that is involved, so that him dragging his feet in providing information for us won't completely screw up the natural operations of each resort.)

As a side note, eliminating stress from our lives can have some serious health benefits. I feel healthier now than I have in weeks! Have a great evening, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment