Saturday, April 30, 2011

Settled In & Feeling At Home

I haven't written a blog post in a while. I honestly started this blog as an outlet for thoughts, and to give me something to do when I still hadn't filled up my new life in this new place. So, I truly see the fact that I haven't needed to post in a while a good thing - it means that I have really started to settle into my new home. I am finding that I have reached a great accomplishment over the past year. I've moved to a new city, got my own apartment, started a new job (twice), made new friends, joined a new gym, continued a long distance relationship, and kept up many great friendships from high school and college. I've watched myself change significantly since graduating college. Four years ago, I never would have thought it would be possible for me to essentially start all over again in a new place. Making friends has never been my strongest skill. It has taken me most of my first year here to establish new friendships, but the ones I have formed are proving to be wonderful. Although I love my friends from college, my sorority sisters, and my close friends from high school, it was so important for me to find friends here that I can share my day-to-day life with. As I move forward in life, I want to just continue building on my base of friendships. Who knows how long I will stay here, but I now feel confident that no matter how long (or short) I am here, I will be able to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment